01 Feb Ontario’s New Rebate Program for Your Next Home Renovation – Are you Eligible?
Did you know you may be entitled to a rebate for your next home renovation even if you are a renter or a home-owner in the Province of Ontario? We suggest you look into these options before you start your interior renovation. You may be able to save a significant amount!
In December 2017, the Province of Ontario will be offering thousands of dollars in rebates to homeowners who opt for energy-efficient renovations. The new rebate program will be offered through “The Green Ontario Fund”.
Here are the new rebates for Homeowners and Renters (if you have written permission from the landlord)
- Up to $5,000 to replace windows that meet specific requirements.
- Up to $7,200 off new insulation, and a $100 rebate for air sealing.
- Up to $20,000 for Energy Star-certified ground source heat pumps, or up to $4,500 to repair existing heat pumps.
- Up to $5,800 off Energy Star-certified air source heat pumps, or pumps that meet program requirements.
And a new rebate for homeowners and tenants:
- $100 to upgrade to a new thermostat. (If you rent, you must have the written permission of the landlord)
In order to access the rebates, homeowners will have to work with a contractor that has been qualified under GreenON.ca. Contractors who are qualified will be able to register your rebate for you.
Ontario experiences substantial changes in weather throughout the year which means homeowners should have their homes well insulated throughout the winter and summer. Simply changing your windows, installing new insulation and/or a smart thermostat will help you save money in the long run immediately.
As part of Ontario’s Climate Change Action Plan, the province aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions to 15% by 2020 and almost 80% by 2050. With the help of Green Ontario Fund, you can save a significant amount of money.
The province of Ontario is trying to excite and attract homeowners and renters to make the Green Change. Just some food for thought to make your next interior home renovation a green one!
To find out more or view the qualification document go here: Qualifying GreenON Rebates Measures and Program Rules